Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Glad Game

I've been sitting here for the past few days staring at the blank screen wondering what I'm going to fill the theoretical "page" with. This has done a few things. First, it proves what I've thought all along - that my Muse is a cheeky little bitch who comes and goes as she pleases. Second, that I'm not proud of what I've been doing lately. And third that if I can't be inspiring to myself, how can I inspire others.

Three thoughts that were formed into a whole the other day when my dad said to me, "I think that you writing your blog is a kind of therapy for you."

My parents and brother have been enjoying my blog, along with a few other friends, so that prompts me to want to continue writing. I think I agree that is therapy - sure what I have to say may not have a lot of value or may bore my readers (the few I have) but at least it's not in my head anymore.

I just don't really have much to say right now, I don't think - keep reading, maybe that will be fixed.

I do have some good news on the weight-loss front, surprisingly - despite the fact that it's a week before my period, my dieting efforts seem to have finally taken SOME effect - I'm now at 348.6lbs. As most of you have read, I started out around 356lbs, so since I began this journey I've lost about 8lbs. Not a really stellar performance, I realize, but definitely a very small, minimal, tiny, microscopic improvement.

I tried on the dress I'm going to be wearing to my friend's wedding and I think I'm now back to my 2009 weight because it fits again, but just about as well as it did before, which wasn't great. Ah well, I still have about 3 weeks before the trip.

Next weekend Mike (my darling spouse) and I will be going to Sears to possibly pick out a new piece of gym equipment. As I've said before, we've got a stationary bike right now which is great, but the only problem is that it ate those gigantic batteries like they were candy, but even with the batteries, the electronics were starting to get a little screwed up. Now you can't do any kind of training programs on it and you can't adjust tension (there is still a little tension regardless of being battery-less, so it's still a bit of a workout).

We're looking at possibly getting an elliptical or a recumbent bike - that's the other issue with the stationary - our backs don't like us; they're protesting. We both work through the protests, but our asses are also falling asleep. Rather, MY ass is falling asleep. Along with other important bits of my anatomy. >.> Not really conducive to the exercise effort.

Anyway, the Glad Game (see, I TOLD you guys I'd find something to yammer on about).
If you've ever seen the Disney movie "Pollyanna" you'll know what the Glad Game is - you look for something good in every situation, regardless of the craptastictude the situation. For those that haven't seen the movie, well, that is the drift of my thoughts - that I need to find something GOOD about all this sweat equity.

I guess the biggest thing I'm Glad about is that as much as I hate working out, as much as I HATE sweating and as much as I LOATHEEEEEE working out at the ass-crack of dawn...well, I have to admit that it makes my day better. At least for an hour or two I feel -good- about myself. I guess Elle was right - "Endorphins make you happy...." and as you all know, Mike should be a happy man because, "Happy people just don't kill their husbands!"

So I'm going to continue to try to find things to be Glad about throughout this whole process. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I can keep finding the Glad...cuz right now? It's definitely a struggle.

4 comments:

  1. Ellipticals have to be the easiest exercise equipment there are while still being effective. Besides just doing it the old fashioned way, just go outside and start walking, as far as you can (remembering you have to make it back as well, lol). Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have more people reading than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm beginning to see that! Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing awesome. I wish I could get out of bed at 5 and work out.

    ReplyDelete