Saturday, July 2, 2011

Momma said there'd be days like this...

This morning's weigh-in showed a 3lb inflation (to 353lbs).

I say inflation because that's how I am feeling right now - bloated. Everyone's Aunt that we love to hate (Flo) is due on Thursday, which tells me that I shouldn't be too upset by this uptick in my weight. However, it's making me very depressed, angry and irritated.

It's also telling me that it's time to cut down by half all the food I've been eating. This week is an especially hard one for me each month - I feel like eating a cow every single time. This month I ignored my "diet" and just ate whatever I felt like. Turns out that's not a good thing (duh, I know, spare me). It's just the life-cycle of a Trisha-period, that's all. It does suck, though.

Today, I've decided I need to get tougher on me. No more sodas, only water or Crystal Light. I kinda hate that. Seriously. They bring back Mountain Dew Pitch Black and I haveta stay away? Water is bland! Crystal Light is full of fake stuff and it's bad for you!!

With all of this in mind and with all that I've written in mind, too, I'm going to start adding something to my weekly weigh-ins - recording my measurements! Believe me, it puts things into perspective when you measure your calf and it's almost 2 feet around! So here are the numbers:

Waist: 54 inches
Bust: 53 inches
Calves: 21.5 inches
Thighs: 30.25 inches
Upper Arms: 18.75 inches

So there we go - it's all out in open. Next time there'll be pics, I promise. But understandably I'm not really that thrilled with myself. Though I DID tell Mike (and I believe) that the last time I measured myself (before I ever started this tortuous journey) I think my waist WAS at least 2-4 inches bigger. So maybe I am making my body do something? I dunno.

Also a couple of other things...

1) I'm going to start listing "Trisha's Favorite Things" when it comes to dieting - products and services, stores and so forth that I really like while I'm trying to get this done.

2) If there's anything you guys want to ask please let me know! There is only so much I can talk to myself about myself.

Anyway, my momma said there'd be days like this and oh, boy, she's very right. Now if I could get some BETTER days to come along, that'd be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I like the measurements thing. It'll help you keep your goals in mind. Also, eat more fruits and vegetables during the day, if you do it right you'll be sick of eating. 6 servings of fruits/vegetables throughout the day will make you eat pretty often and you won't be as hungry.

    ReplyDelete