Saturday, June 18, 2011

Guess who lost 5.4 lbs in 2 weeks?!

This girl! :D

Yes, I'm down to 350.0 lbs. No shitting you!
And my arms? Getting fabulous!

Okay, let's be honest. The 5am working-outs SUCK, but after some thought and discussion with friends throughout the week and over the past few days I've decided that even though Mondays suck hard-core (who created Mondays anyway??) that early in the morning is the only way I can work-out. It's by far the best time for me to do so because working out is by far the most disgusting part of my day! Get it over and it's OVER - I recommend it!

I've also found, too, that I feel better about myself after working out. All those endorphins - Mikey's safe! ("Working out creates endorphins - endorphins make people happy - happy people just don't kill their husbands!" ~ Legally Blond)

Anyway, I've been listening to another motivational song this week - Pink's "God is a DJ" - and one particular part always strikes me as important:

You take what you get and you get what you give
I say don't run from yourself, man, that's no way to live


How very true that is!
I was given a very fat-ass body and up until a couple weeks ago I had chosen not to do anything with it. I'm also very tall for a chick.

Oh, a little more on me, cuz I can't remember if I told y'all...

I'm 6' tall - that's in bare feet, no socks!!

I've been tall all my life. In 5th grade I was taller than my TEACHER. My school-mates treated me like garbage because of my height - constantly teased and harassed, I had absolutely NO chance at being normal. Boys? Yeah, not so much - and some of them were very cute! But none would ever have asked me out or approached me with anything but disdain and hate. It's amazing I'm as well-adjusted as I am, huh??

So that's what I've been given. Believe me, it's taken YEARS for me to semi-get-over it  - I'm not obviously completely over it - don't think I ever will be.  I've been given the early part of my life and while I'm trying to move on from it, I'm also not trying to run from it.

Running from yourself? Never going to happen. Ever. You're stuck in your body, folks.

I'm stuck in MY body.
 Every day, though, I think I'm becoming more and more okay with it.

This upcoming week will be the same as last week - 20 minutes on the stationary and then 15 reps of all the various weight stuff I do plus the few crunches I can crank out (around 10 right now). I wanted to give the 20 minute time-frame a bit longer mostly because it sucked so much for the first couple of days last week AND because I think if I don't increase things too quickly I'll be good.

Food, though?
Ugh. Time for some confessions - I suck at regulating my food intake. I love food! I'm a foodie! If I had the time/inclination/energy (ha!) I'd have become a pastry chef - just think about it! Layers of whipped cream, cake, chocolate, fudge (that word just promotes yumminess), pastries, frosting, omg....

But!
I did find that even though I'm sucking at the food-type decisions, I'm definitely eating less. Examples? Yesterday I went to the chinese buffet near work for lunch - I willfully chose not to get any kind of rice/pasta, I picked up a little chicken n' broccoli, a little beef n' mushrooms and then I had some sweet and sour pork. When I got done eating (which I did slowly b/c I didn't take time off for lunch) I wasn't completely stuffed like I usually am! And I was comfortable. Not full - I could have eaten more, but happy enough with what I had!

Another example? Last weekend we went to Tip Top (fave local joint for us to eat) and I ordered the french fries  and a chili dog - ate the chili dog, oh yes, but the fries? Not so much. I was full.

The point here? I think I'm slowly learning how far and how much I can go with my body before I say enough - like, I'm finally getting the signals from my stomach that says, "Hey, you're full, idiot!" It's a good feeling!

Here is the pic for the dress for the wedding in August, btw:




Pretty, no?

Back to the song - it means to move past the crap you've had to deal with, move forward with what you got, don't focus on the fast, but glorify yourself in your future. That's what I'm trying to do - so I'm going to do -

If God is a DJ
Life is a dance floor...
Get your ass on the dance floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment