Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's time to get up! It's time to get up!

We're all in our places with bright shiny faces!...

That's a little ditty my mom used to sing to my brother, Chris, and I to get us up and around in the morning. I always thought it was a little silly and I don't know where it comes from but the other day I found myself singing it to Mikey (the husband) and I realized that I'll probably end up singing it to my kids. I like that thought a lot.

The past few days has been a bit of an awakening.
I should tell you all I'm down 3 lbs, by the way.
The awakening is that I can probably do this! After only ONE WEEK (and a day or two - I've been lazy about posting, I realize) my arms already have more definition and when I lift my arms the flab on the edge of my arms where they meet my shoulders has been slowwwwly disappearing.

I'm very impatient, I should tell all of you that now.
So far my pants still fit kinda tight, I still have a gut (I KNOW it's been only a week + a few days, but did I mention I'm impatient??) and I stilllllll HATE getting my big ass up in the morning!

BUT....but...hmmmm...there's that obnoxious word, but...funny that it's also butt...ha..

Anyway, as you probably know I'm trying to find inspiration. I love my baby outfit and it's working! I pet the lil feetie when I get really tired of my butt falling asleep on the stationary. However, I did realize I have something else to look forward to - a friend of mine is getting married in August and I needed a pretty dress for it. I went through my options - one of my addictions is buying pretty dresses - and I remembered I had a pretty one in the back of my closet that I haven't worn since my graduation (I graduated in 2009 - that's another topic I may ramble about at some point) because it was always a little tight across the bust.

My boobs aren't big.

So I put it in the back of the closet after graduation and despaired of ever wearing it again. The dress is black with turquoise straps and detailing at the top and a white swhirly pattern at the bottom. It didn't fit right. The umpire was too tight when I sat down, I can't wear a bra with it so I can't fill it out and it just wasn't comfortable.

I tried it on the other day - it still isn't.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut (ha!) I have faith that it could! So, we'll see.

So good morning, sweet-cheeks - I'm so glad I finally started getting up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment