Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Did I Tell You About My Swiss-Cheese Memory?

It occured to me last night that I didn't really address the title of my last blog - The Importance of Being Earnest. Okay, I did reference it a little in the first paragraph, but here are the REST of my thoughts on that whole thing (cuz I find that I sometimes run away with my tangents...I apologize in advance).

It's important to be truthful throughout this process.
Truth.
Not sorta-covered-over-white-lies.
No, truth.

I find that I'm definitely not honest about what I eat.
This past spring I joined Weight Watchers for the 2nd time in my adult life. I found that while I hated having to always count the points and diddle around with "hey, can I eat this? no? can i substitute it with this? yes? omgmyhairisonfire!!! how many points will THAT be?!" it DID teach me a little about how truthful I am about what I put in my body.

Which is to say that I wasn't being truthful.

I have said in past blog posts that I don't eat as much as most people - and that still holds true - but what KINDS of food, well, that's a whole other ball-game.

So this is my pledge -
I'm going to go back to tracking what I eat - truthfully - every day. I'm going to do it here in this blog. Be warned this may be ALL I post for the day (but I'm a chatty lil thing, so don't bet your last $100 on it) but at least that way I'm being truthful not only to MYSELF but to you as well.

Please forgive me, though, the commentary I add to what I eat, cuz yeah, sometimes it's gonna be bad.

So here we go!

Breakfast:

-- small Coke
-- bacon, egg & cheese bagel from McD's (tho I did take off the egg half-way thru - how on EARTH to they have the NERVE to call that stuff "egg"?!)

Lunch:

-- 1 piece of cheese-bread & 2 medium pieces of ham & mushroom pizza from last night's dinner (I know, I know - but I only ate 2 pieces of cheese-bread last night and 2 pieces of pizza; I was starving from yesterday >.> However, I DID have a salad with dinner! I even had pickled beets.)

Dinner:

-- Spaghetti
-- glass of milk
-- 2 slices of garlic bread

Anyone else seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the pattern here?
Time to start cutting out on bread/pasta, I think. This is ridiculous. -.-


OH OH OH!
And before I forget again!
Looking for more inspiration from real people?? But not from the over-done, under-fed exercise gurus that make you want to punch their lights out??
My friend has started a blog of her own - so take a peek at Be My Mirror by Heather Stromski!!

4 comments:

  1. More fruits and vegetables and yes less Pasta. But the killer may be the soda. It has twice as much of what you do not need in every can. Do not drink soda!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris ~ Yeah. I'm a Coke addict, what can I say?

    Dad ~ Sorry, it's a caffeine thing. Some people have coffee, I have Coke.

    It's a sickness, I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete