Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Today was one of those days.
I think I'm PMSing and I think that I'm so ready for this vacation.

Oh, yes, tomorrow is my Friday!
On the ACTUAL Friday morning we are all heading up to Ottawa for our darling friends' wedding! Tasha and Kev, I love you two. You're fabulous together and I can't wait to participate in your celebration!

Anyway, today.

PMSing, crabby and feeling rather down on myself.

I went to the Avenue (relaxed-trendy big girl's clothes - not as "old" as Catherines, not as "young" as Lane Bryant - a nice middle-ground for those of us that aren't dead and aren't sluts) tonight to purchase pantyhose.

Pantyhose is always an adventure. Big girls usually look like sausages in pantyhose - hell, Lane Bryant doesn't even CARRY pantyhose in their stores (wtf are they thinking?!) - they carry Spanx.

A thought about Spanx - HELL IN LYCRA! This is hard-packed sausage! Smoked sausage! Non-breathing, non-moving sausage! They are NOT fun and I'm sorry, but their "plus size" options SUCK!

Anyway, back to the pantyhose -
I'm wandering around the store and there's this lady that works there that I recognize the few times I go in and she recognizes me. She says to me, "Hey! You've lost weight!!"

:-D

Oh. My. God!
Someone's noticed!
Despite having not worked out this morning (I'm planning on at least doing my crunches tonight), and feeling like a big fat blob of HORRIBLE today...

That comment made me SO.HAPPY.
Ask Mikey - I was grinning like an idiot!

This just tells me to keep going.
Keep trying.
Keep pushing.

Favorite quote of the day (why not, right?):
"Michelle Bachmann Isn't Satan - Satan Doesn't Have Split Ends!"

1 comment: